Taking on an Ultra! Is it really for me
On Sunday 12th March we’re putting on our very first #DirtRun Ultra!! A scenic 32 mile loop around the Black Country!
We’ve been putting in some hard graft behind the scenes, painstakingly planning each and every detail to ensure a top notch route which offers an interesting and scenic experience for everyone involved.
32 miles? Are you crazy?
Well not really. An Ultra event comes under the category of long distance running, and is generally a 30+ mile running event.
But here’s the important bit….we’ve come up with an event format that offers something for everyone! It’s been part of our plan to put on a big event like this for sometime, but we also believe in making our events accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
That’s why we’re giving you the option to enter solo, in relay pairs, or as a mixed team of four.
Here’s the logic:
- If you’re a seasoned Ultra runner, you’ll love the mixed terrain route! It’s varied, interesting and very scenic.
- Maybe you’ve completed a marathon and want to take your running to the next level? We will support you every step of the way. We have three feed points and full back up en route to ensure everyone’s safety. We’ll even be waiting for you at the finish line with a shiny medal and a free beer!
Entering in Pairs
- Ideal for those who’ve completed a half marathon and want to work up to a full marathon. With the pairs option, you’ll each run 16 miles to earn your medal and free beer!
- The mixed terrain and interesting scenery will keep you entertained, and with three food stops and full back-up support you’ll be well looked after.
Mixed Team of Four
- So you’ve nailed the 10k and fancy a bit of a challenge with your mates? Enter as a mixed team of four and you’ll each run an 8 mile segment.
- Each team member will receive a medal and FREE beer at the finish line. And we all know that free beer tastes better with friends!
Did we mention that all finishers receive a FREE beer? Yup, big cheer to our #DirtRun sponsor Teme Valley Brewery!
Still not convinced? Well, you’ll be running for local charity Mary Stevens Hospice http://www.marystevenshospice.co.uk/ so all in a good cause too.
Find out more about the DirtRun Black Country UltraTELL ME MORE 🙂